The size of breasts changes about every six months. While we usually don’t notice these changes, experts recommend having them measured twice per year.
Before we discuss the importance of Debra’s Bras let’s first talk about breasts. What problems can arise if you wear or avoid the wrong size bra?
Breasts aren’t made of muscle; they are completely made of tissue and fat. If you don’t support your breasts properly, the weight of the breasts can pull them downwards, which put strain on your neck and shoulder and cause them to crack.
Pros Of Wearing The Right Fit
- A bra that fits properly makes you slimmer. It also gives your body a better silhouette which will help you appear toned and more lifted.
- A bra helps you to maintain your posture. You’ll feel great in any outerwear you choose.
- A bra that fits well will not only enhance your physical appearance but can also reduce strain on the neck and shoulders.
- A bra that fits properly lifts your breasts and provides the support you need to keep them from sagging. It is also beneficial for maintaining the health of your neck tissues, nerves, and other body parts.
What Can You Do To Tell Yourself That You Are Wearing The Wrong Size?
Keep an eye on your body/breasts’ reaction to your bra. It will let you know when you may need a replacement bra.
These signs will be obvious:
- When the back band rises.
- If the bands around your shoulders don’t stay in place or dig to a certain level, it hurts.
- You will see any gaps or empty areas in your cups.
You can see every drop or gap in the cup area because breasts are mostly made of tissue and fat. The cup size of your bra must be perfect.
You can easily determine the bra cup size you need by raising your arms and twisting your body, and then your bra should be in place.
How Often Should We Check Our Size?
Experts estimate that breast size, and shape, change about every 6-7 months. It is therefore imperative that we measure our breasts at least twice per year. The weight of the breasts is highly dependent on how much weight you have, whether you gain or lose weight. Age also has an impact. Women should keep track of their bra size to help them determine how they have changed.
Factors One Should Keep In Mind While Buying A New Bra
Finding the perfect bra can be tedious. You should still have many questions. Here are some points to remember when buying a bra.
Straps: This will allow for the perfect pressure on your shoulder.
Side Wire: This feature can or may not be present on your bra. If you feel a side wire in your bra make sure it does not press into your breast tissue.
Underband: This is an important aspect to look at when buying a bra. The elastic should be secured enough to keep your fingers under the elastic so that it is flat against your sternum.
Cup Size: Your bra cups should fit your breasts without spillage or gaps.
Important to remember is that cup sizes and bands can vary among brands. For example, the support of a bra that fits a cup and b cup in the same band will be different.
As they affect the health of your breasts, it is important to select the right cup and band.
Be sure to know exactly what you want before making a purchase. If you’re still not sure of your size, get measured right away.