Orthodontists are dentists that specialize in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of dental and facial abnormalities. They offer a variety of treatment techniques for straightening crooked teeth, properly aligning the jaws, and correcting poor bites.
An orthodontist completes up to three years of full-time study of specialty training in orthodontics after finishing a five-year dental degree. To get excellent results, make sure you or your child is being treated by an orthodontist in Maroubra, whether you’re wearing Invisalign or braces.
While orthodontists are most recognized for straightening teeth, they can also help with sleep apnea in some cases, misaligned and uncomfortable bites, and tooth movement. If you’re curious about what an orthodontist can do for your smile, schedule an appointment with Fineorthodontics today.
What is the difference between an Orthodontist and a Dentist?
Orthodontists and dentists have a lot in common when it comes to what they do. They both aim to make patients’ oral health better, but they work in very different ways. Dentists deal with a wide spectrum of oral health problems. On the other hand, an orthodontist is a dental specialist who specializes in aligning jaws and straightening teeth. Here are the following fundamental differences between an orthodontist in Maroubra and dentists to make educated treatment decisions:
- A general dentist is a highly skilled general practitioner who can diagnose and treat disorders and common diseases affecting your mouth, teeth, and gums – like a family doctor.
- Most general dentists will refer patients and their families to specialized orthodontists if they require orthodontic treatment.
- Dentists do not have the university educational certifications to install braces or supervise other orthodontic treatments.
- Dentists are professionals in general dental care for people of all ages, having completed a General Dental Degree.
- Orthodontists are dentists who have undergone:
- an extra three years of full-time university training in orthodontics
- Face growth and development, biology, and biomechanics.
- Only three to four Orthodontists in Maroubra are trained at authorized Australian universities each year, and only the top dentists are accepted.
- Orthodontists are dentists who specialize in facial growth and development. Crooked teeth, terrible bites, and misaligned jaws are diagnosed and treated.
- Orthodontists are knowledgeable about all orthodontic treatment choices and technologies for adults, teens, and children.
How to find a specialist Orthodontist in Maroubra
To find an Orthodontist in Maroubra, you need to understand that every full member of the Australian Society of Orthodontists is a specialist orthodontist who is licensed to practice in Australia.
As licensed orthodontists, Fineorthodontics is dedicated to providing excellent patient care. To ensure that we produce the perfect smile, we stay on top of the most recent orthodontic innovations and treatments.
So, if you need the perfect Orthodontist in Maroubra, you can count on Fineorthodontics for the best results. To schedule an appointment, give us a call at (02) 9369 3566 today. We have the best of professionals ready to deliver excellent orthodontic services. Then, when we are done with handling your case, you will have the perfect smile.