The pollution control board certificate is a document that proves that the company is certified. The company can use this certificate in order to get a license for their business. When you apply for a license, you will be asked for this certificate.
What are the categories of the industry?
There are 5 categories of the industry.
- Red: This is the highest category of the pollution control board license. It includes all industries and processes that are considered to be highly polluting.
- Orange: This is the second-highest category of the pollution control certificate. It includes all industries and processes that are considered to be moderately polluting.
- Green: This is the lowest category of the pollution control certificate. It includes all industries and processes that are considered to be least polluting.
- White: This is a special category for certain industries which have been given an exemption from paying for pollution control certificates by the government.
Process Of Getting A Pollution Control Board Certificate
The process of getting a pollution control board certificate is simple, but it takes time and patience. The first step is to fill out an application form that has all the details about your company. including its name, address, contact details, etc. After filling out all the required information on the application form, send it along with your certificates and other documents at least two weeks before the date of submission.
The next step is to wait for a few weeks until you receive a call and inspection from them regarding your application. They will ask you questions regarding your company’s history and other details regarding it such as whether you have any experience working as an environmental consultant or not. Once they verify everything with you they will issue their certificate.
What is the Pollution control board Certificate/NOC required to set up a factory?
A pollution control board NOC /certificate is required for setting up a factory. The Pollution Control Board (PCB) certificate is a mandatory document for setting up any industrial unit in India.
To set up a factory in the country, you will need to obtain a pollution control board certificate. This certificate is issued by the environment department of your state and it will be valid for three years. The pollution control board certificate is required by the authorities to set up a manufacturing unit. You can also get this certificate from any government or state-level authority.
The pollution control board certificate can also be obtained online, however, it is always recommended that you visit an authorized official to get this done. There are certain steps that need to be followed while applying for this certificate and they are mentioned below:
- You should first download the application form from the website of the concerned authority and fill it out completely before submitting it to an authorized office of your state or national level authority.
- You should submit all supporting documents along with your application so that no issue arises later on during the processing of your application.
- Check whether your manufacturing unit falls under any category specified in section 3(g) (iii) of Plastic Waste Management Rules, 2016. If yes then you must submit proof indicating same along with your application form at an authorized office of the concerned authority so that processing can start immediately after submission of Consent to Establish or Consent to Operate
What are the important aspect to understand before setup Get Pollution Control Board Certificate?
There are many aspects that you need to consider before getting your pollution control board certificate. These aspects include:
- The type of product which you will be producing. The more complicated the product, the more complicated it is for you to set up your pollution control board certificate. This means that if you want to make a simple product, then you can easily get a pollution control board certificate for that single product. It also means that if you want to make a complex product, then you will require more than one pollution control board certificate.
- The amount of space that you have available in your factory.
- The type of machines and equipment needed for setting up your pollution control board certificate. If there are many different types of machines and equipment needed for setting up your pollution control board certificate then this will be very difficult
- You also need Rent Agreement/Property paper
- CA Letter
- Before submitting the application recheck the Layout Plan
- Complete your Manufacturing Process Details